I hope you are resting in the grace you've been given in and through Jesus.
This coming Sunday we will be in 1 Thessalonians 5:12-14 as we continue in our Discipling series and seeking to answer the question: "What is the role of community in our discipling?"
Here are some questions for you to consider as you study the text ahead of Sunday:
- The Thessalonians are experiencing persecution and difficulty for following Jesus. Why does Paul say what he says in v. 12-14? In what way does this encourage or challenge them and you when it comes to how you view the local church?
- What does he intend for them to do from v. 12 as it relates to pastors? Why?
- What does it mean to be at peace among yourselves (v. 13b)? What does that look like and why is this important for them personally and corporately?
- What is significant about his exhortation in v. 14? What does it look like to do each of those things in community?
- Does anything come to mind for you that you need to repent of in light of this text as it relates to your church family?
- Who is someone you can encourage this week with something you learned from this text?
.grace and peace.