I hope your week is off to a good start. It was fun jumping back into John this past Sunday with you.
For those of you unable to be there we missed you. Check out the sermon when you get a chance. Listen here.
This week the story of the woman at the well continues. We will be in John 4:27-43.
Here are some questions to consider as you study the text ahead of Sunday:
- What is significant about the disciples coming back and their response? What does this tell us about the uniqueness Jesus' encounter with this woman?
- What is significant about the woman leaving her jar of water and going back to town to tell the people what happened?
- What do we learn about the disciples and their focus in v. 31-33? How does that challenge our focus?
- What is Jesus communicating to them in v. 34-38? What can we learn from this about our own lives and opportunities?
- Who is the gospel for? Where do you see that on display in this text?
- What is encouraging and helpful about the response of the Samaritan people in v. 39-43?
- What do you learn about mission and worship from this story (v. 1-43)?
- Who is someone you can encourage this week with something you learned from the text?
Enjoy seeing Jesus this week!
.grace and peace.