The Kingdom Citizens sermon series has been so encouraging to my heart and soul. I hope it has been for you as well.
This week we will be doing a joint service at 10AM with Redeeming Grace Church for part 4 in the series--"We Are Sojourners."
The text we will be in is 1 Peter 2:11-12.
Here are some questions to consider as you study the text ahead of Sunday:
- What is the context of 1 Peter? Who is he writing to? What has he said about followers of Jesus so far in the book?
- What stands out to you about the way Peter addresses his audience in v. 11?
- What does it mean to be a sojourner and exile? Why does he call us that?
- How do those identifiers inform his exhortation in v. 11-12?
- What does it mean to abstain from the passions of the flesh? How do they wage war against your soul? Why is this important to consider as kingdom citizens?
- What does it mean to keep your conduct among Gentiles honorable? Who and what is he talking about? What does this look like in real life? Why is this important to consider as kingdom citizens?
- Overall, how does this text inform how we should live in light of the Kingdom of God?
- Who is someone you can encourage this week with something you learned from this text?
Enjoy Jesus this week!
.grace and peace.