This week we dive into John 11 in our Seeing Jesus sermon series. This is a wonderful chapter with rich encouragement rooted in our amazing Savior.
Before we get to some questions, just a quick reminder that we will be gathering at 5PM on Sunday in the upper lot of Redeeming Grace Church.
The text for this Sunday is John 11:1-45.
Here are some questions to consider as you study the text ahead of Sunday:
- What is significant about what Jesus says in v. 4 and v. 15? What does it tell you about Jesus' view of suffering and challenges that we might encounter in our own lives?
- What is significant about Martha's interaction with Jesus in v. 17-27? How do Jesus' word comfort her? How do they comfort or encourage you?
- Jesus makes another "I am" statement in v. 25. What does it mean in light of this story and in light of the larger story of Jesus' life?
- What do you learn about and see in Jesus in his interaction with Mary in v. 28-36?
- We see a powerful and amazing moment in v. 38-44. What stands out to you? How is your view of Jesus effected? What hope does it give to you?
- Many believed in Jesus after the resurrection of Lazarus (v. 45). How does this story and the truth in it fuel your evangelism among your neighbors and the nations?
- Who is someone you can encourage this week with something you learned from this text?
Enjoy seeing and savoring Jesus this week!
.grace and peace.