This Sunday we will be finishing up John 12 in our Seeing Jesus sermon series.
The text for this week is John 12:37-50.
Here are some questions to consider as you study the text ahead of Sunday:
- v. 37 is sobering. What stands out to you in this statement? Why is it significant?
- What is John seeking to communicate in v. 38-41? What is significant about the OT quotes he gives?
- How does our understanding of sin impact our ability and desire to repent, believe, and follow Jesus? How does this text speak to that?
- What are we to do with the tension of divine sovereignty and human responsibility when it comes to belief or unbelief?
- What is challenging about v. 42-43 when it comes to our own belief and evangelism?
- In v. 44-50, John summarizes John 1-12. What stands out to you? What have you learned so far about Jesus through the gospel of John and this sermon series?
- Who is someone you can encourage with something you learned from this text?
Have a great rest of the week! See you Sunday!
.grace and peace.