On the first Sunday of 2021 we are jumping back into our Seeing Jesus sermon series in the Gospel of John.
Our text this week is John 15:9-17.
Here are some questions for you to consider as you study the text ahead of Sunday:
- Go back and read John 15:1-8. What is the context of this passage? What has Jesus been talking about and how does v. 9-17 fit with that?
- What does it mean to abide in Jesus' love? Does v. 10 tell us that it is conditional or earned? How does obedience fit with what Jesus is calling us to?
- How are these things for our joy (v. 11)?
- Why is the overarching commandment a call to love one another as Jesus has loved us? What does that tell us about the importance of relationships?
- Jesus reminds us of his love for us in v. 12-15. What do you learn? What is encouraging about what he says?
- What is the point and purpose of v. 16? What is Jesus calling us to do in light of the good news of his love for us?
- How does this text impact how you live, love, and pursue God on a daily basis?
- Who is someone you can encourage this week with something you learned from this text?
.grace and peace.