I hope your week has been filled with opportunities to look back at Jesus' resurrection, to look forward to his return, and to pray in confidence as you fight for joy.
This Sunday we will finish up John 16 as we continue in our Seeing Jesus sermon series.
Our text this week is John 16:25-33.
Here are some questions for you to consider as you study the text ahead of Sunday:
- What does Jesus mean that he will speak plainly about the Father?
- In v. 26-27 Jesus says he will not ask the Father for them when they pray in his name because the Father loves them? What does this mean? How does it encourage you and your prayer life?
- Why does it seem that the disciples understand now what Jesus has been saying (v. 28-30)?
- Jesus questions their belief and speaks to their feeble faith in v. 31-32. What does this say about fait and the human heart? What warning can we heed in this for our own lives?
- In v. 33 Jesus gives one of the most wonderful encouragements in all the Scriptures to his disciples and us? How does this help you think about and endure trouble and trials in the world? What does Jesus mean that he has overcome the world?
- Who is someone you can encourage this week with something you learned from this text?
Enjoy Jesus this week! See you Sunday!
.grace and peace.