I am really looking forward to spending time with you in our text for this Sunday. It is powerful.
We will be in John 19:17-37.
Here are some questions to consider as you study the text ahead of Sunday:
- Why do you think John bluntly and quickly states (v. 18) that Jesus was crucified, but gives no further description of what that entailed?
- What is significant about the sign that Pilate puts on the cross? Why does he do this? What does it communicate?
- Why does John give the details he does in v. 23-27? What does it show us about Jesus?
- What is significant about v. 28-30? What is Jesus telling us in this moment and through his declaration? What does it mean for our lives now?
- Why does John give the details he does in v. 31-34? What is he trying to communicate?
- How does v. 35-37 challenge and encourage you?
- Who is someone you can encourage this week with something you learned from this text?
.grace and peace.