This week we will finish up John 8. Jesus continues to say some pretty bold things about himself. As you study the text ahead of the sermon, may your affections for Christ grow more and more.
We will be in John 8:31-59.
Here are some questions to consider as you study the text:
- How does this text connect with the previous section in John 8? Who is Jesus speaking to?
- What is significant about v. 31? How does this impact your life and discipleship?
- What issue is apparent in the hearts and minds of those who say they believe as they respond to Jesus in v. 33?
- What does Jesus' elaboration in v. 34-38 tell you about sin and freedom?
- What is significant about the crowd's response and Jesus' response in v. 39-47?
- How does v. 48-59 fit into the larger context of John 8 and all of John's Gospel?
- What is so significant about Jesus says in v. 56 and 58? Why does the crowd react the way they do?
- How does what you learn about Jesus in this text impact and effect your daily life?
- Who is someone you can encourage with something you learned from this text?
Enjoy Jesus this week!
.grace and peace.