We finished John 8 last Sunday. This week we will tackle all of John 9. It is one of my favorite stories in the Gospel of John. I hope it will be refreshing and encouraging to you as study it this week and listen to the sermon on Sunday.
Here are some questions to consider as you study the text ahead of Sunday:
- What is encouraging and helpful about what Jesus says in v. 3? Is this applicable to all suffering?
- What stands out to you about the Pharisees response to the healing of the blind man? Do you ever act like they do in how you assess a situation or circumstance?
- I love the man's response to questioning in v. 25. Is it encouraging to you? If so, why and how?
- The man speaks truth about Jesus to the Pharisees in v. 30-33. What do we learn about how we see Jesus in these verses?
- Jesus reappears in the story in v. 35-41. What do you learn about him in what he says to the man and the Pharisees?
- How does John 9 help you see Jesus more clearly?
- Who is someone you can encourage this week with something you learned from this text?
Enjoy Jesus this week!
.grace and peace.