This Sunday we will be taking a one week break from our Seeing Jesus sermon series to jump back into our Life Along the Way series. I will explain more on Sunday.
The text for this week is Luke 10:25-37.
Here are some questions to consider as you study the text ahead of Sunday:
- What stands out to you about the question the lawyer asks Jesus in v. 25? What is he trying to get at?
- Why does Jesus respond the way he does in v. 26?
- What do you learn from the lawyer's response and Jesus' admonition in v. 27-28?
- What does it mean that the lawyers was desiring to justify himself (v. 29)? What is he getting at in his question to Jesus?
- What stands out to you about the parable that Jesus tells in v. 30-35?
- How does Jesus challenge the lawyer's heart and thinking in v. 36?
- What do we learn about loving our neighbors from v. 37?
- What does this look like practically in our lives and community?
- Who is someone you can encourage this week with something you learned from this text?
Enjoy Jesus this week!
.grace and peace.